Saturday, February 6, 2016

Pluggin' Along

Hello Everyone...
I've been quite busy lately. 

Good Ol' Summit

Part of the reason I've been busy is because our yearbook deadline is coming up. We have to have everything looking perfect before the first week of April, and it's kindof a lot of pressure. It's just me and 8 pre-teens trying to get it all done. I find myself looking through other yearbooks and spread designs online and going, "Holy cow, how do they do that?!" It's a skill you learn over time, so since this is my first year, I'm still learning what ends up looking good and what doesn't. I think I'll freak out but still pull through in the end. 
We got 2 new teachers now that Jill moved, and they are so great to work with. This was the extent of what we could do for yearbook since they don't have Lifetouch pictures lol so the lighting isn't the best, but it'll be okay. Kelli & Wade are awesome and I'm actually co-teaching a huge class with Wade for PE this semester. 
All the 7th graders went on a feild trip to STEM fest this week, and they all raved about how fun it was. I really think it's cool when they involve the students in fun things that have to do with science and math, because those subjects get a bad wrap for being boring. 
We had the spelling bee! It was amazing because they were asked a few words that I couldn't even spell. They all tried so hard, and it had to be so serious because there was someone who came in to make it official. You can't clap till the end of the round, and you have to say it in a certain way, with only a few questions you can ask. 
I've been pretty stressed over getting my endorsements. The state PE department only offers 3 classes per summer, and each of them only has 25 spots available. So on the Tuesday that they opened up registration, it was like a mad dash to the computer to hurry and press the button the minute it opened. It's as competitive as getting Taylor Swift tickets! Luckily I got into all 3. The dance department is making it ridiculous because they require  about 16 classes, and I'm only missing 3 of them, but they're still making it close to impossible for me. I have to get letters from professors, videos of me dancing, me teaching, students dancing, files of resources, interviews, papers, and an official observation. All that and they could still say no. And I have the rest of the school year to get it all done before next year. Cool, huh?! :)
Oh the funny things the students do and say. These are some artwork samples and another student's goals for the semester. lol At least they were honest!
I had to correct the student who drew Ariel here. She said she would've drawn Ursula but it's hard to draw her testicles. lol At first she thought I was wrong, but then conceded that the right word is "tentacles." lol 
I told the other student to draw what I would look like as an alien and this is what I got. Always entertaining!

"I be up in da gym just workin on ma fitness he's ma witness"

I am so so so excited because so far it is working!!! I have been going to the Riverton Vasa during 2nd period every day, trying to be more involved in my PE classes, and watching what I eat. I measured at the first of January and then again yesterday to see my progress, and almost every area was smaller!!! There was one area with no change, my weight only went down 1 pound, but every other area I lost a 1/2 an inch or 1 inch!!! I had to measure each place multiple times to make sure because I was shocked! I'm really excited to be in great shape for swimsuit time this summer!
I really like the Riverton Vasa. It's a lot better than the American Fork location. At the time I go there arent that many people there, they have a bigger functional training area, and they have massage beds and tanning! I pretty much go on these massage beds every day. It's so relaxing because it shoots up water to massage and you can decide on the pressure, speed, area, and what you look at on the screen. There are games, books, videos, and music. I always watch/listen to a video of the beach and fall asleep. It's so amazing to have a mini break in the middle of the day and then go back to school. 

Winter just needs to stop.

I am seriously so sick of winter. It was cool at first because we've gotten more snow this year than any year since I was in grade school. But now, I'm so sick of waking up to snow and worrying for my life on the roads. My windsheild wipers will get frozen stuck, my feet get soaked, and Jake and Josie haven't really gotten to go outside in a month. It seems to be happening everywhere, because my dad and shelly sent me these pictures from Nebraska. They were snowed in for like 2 days, and spent 7 hours shoveling snow! It covered up the dog house completely, so Sammy's been inside, and my Dad had to use the bobcat to move the snow. I really want to move somewhere warm. This is so depressing. 

Recent Songs

I like to include these in here because it's like a time capsule. Years from now I might be reading this post and think, "I remember when that song was popular." lol

 Yay! Cheaper Gas Prices!

I could not believe that I only paid 23 bucks to fill up my whole tank!

Our Big Night Out

For our date 2 weeks ago, we went to the Utah Arts Association's fundraising event, "The Annual White Party." It was Alice & Wonderland themed, and of course, white. So they had a photographer who took posed shots with a background, but I can't seem to track them down. We went with Kevin and Asia, but also saw other friends there. Kim was the one who invited us because she was performing a ballroom dance piece there. They had 2 shows and several DJ's. Kim did great, and the other performers were amazing too. We saw aerial artists perform on trapeze, silks, and each other! One girl did a handstand on top of a guy's shoulders! They had the "rabbit hole," you can see below, and since most people wore white they used a lot of black lights. That white thing I'm posing with Kim on below was a glowing art piece that looked like a crystal.  
 In between the shows, there was fun dancing and fondue food. Dallin dressed up like the mad hatter and I just wore white with purple accents. I had purple hair, jewelry, shoes, and sash. I even wore purple eye makeup and purple eyelashes!
 This was one of the performers on silks. It reminded me of Ashton who did that at Miss Utah. That kind of art is always fun to watch.
When we were there we saw Rodney, Rick, a few of their friends, and I randomly ran into Heather here! She is a former title holder and helped out with Miss Orem! When I saw her I had to put it together at first who she was, but then we talked and talked. Heather and her friend were both so beautiful but down-to-earth as well. It was definitely fun to see them. 

 My Morning Buddy

No matter how tired she is, Josie always wakes up with me. I love it because she makes sure I wake up and then comes down stairs with me and just keeps me company while I get ready. She even walks me to the door every day. It's the sweetest thing because Jakey wouldn't get up for a hurricane if it's before 10am lol. I love her! It makes my morning so much better to have her with me. 
Poor Jo-Jo got really sick the other morning. She woke up throwing up and having diarrhea bad! At the same time! It freaked me out. But I cleaned her up and helped her feel better and she's been fine ever since. I was really worried, and she was really cuddley and grateful that I helped her. It was really bad timing though because I was still half asleep!

 I finally got a new phone!!

After about a month of my phone going in and out of working, I finally caved and got a new one. I kept putting it off because I hate how expensive phones are. We ended up getting an amazing deal on a galaxy s6 because Dallin found it on ksl. I'm really happy that I didn't get ripped off and I ended up with an incredible phone. 

 Din-Din

We had dinner with this clan twice! Dallin rocked the bow-tie pasta again and then we also went out to a mexican restaurant another night. 

 Doggie-Dallin Selfie

Awww.... look how cute they are!

 Date last week

Neither of us planned anything. So we went to Paradise bakery, tanning, worked out, and then played a game of Jeremy's. It was actually so fun even though it was low-key. A perfect night. (And we found a MUCH better tanning salon. It was only 11 bucks for both of us!)

Last Night

 Dallin went to a game night last night so after I worked out I spent some quality time with these two cuties.
Today we had planned to go to a cooking class at Thanksgiving point, but we accidentally missed it. So we're coming up with a new date-plan as I write. I was bummed about it, but I think we'll just go another week.
I'm sure I'm missing some things that have happened, because this seems to be much shorter than it usually is. Oh well.

Guess that's it! Over & out.

-Sydney

No comments :

Post a Comment