Friday, February 12, 2016

February Fun

Hello All,
I am doing a short and sweet blog about just one week this time. That way things don't stack up and I don't have to write a novel again. I have been lazy on the pictures so very few are edited and most of them are too dark. Oh well. 

The 50th SuperBowl

I was so excited for the superbowl. Even ask Dallin- that morning we went to breakfast and talked about it, and I got all excited about the dip and what I was going to wear. We watched the pre-game show that the NFL puts on all day before it starts and I really liked it. They did stories on past superbowls and showed what the players were doing to get ready. It was awesome that we were invited to Dallin's friend Frank's party. He went all out! Here's a pic of his basement. He had it projected on one wall and a tv on the other, and the food was divine. There was steak, ribs, baked mac & cheese, chicken wings, chips & dip, drinks, salads, and more. It was like a buffet! 


 I felt like the half time show was a lot shorter this time. Is it usually only like 2 songs long? They did a great job, I just wished it was longer. (Haters gonna hate, but I think Beyonce is a tad over rated and Bruno Mars is the bomb. Seriously, why is she never wearing pants?)
 
I had to represent my team while going to a football related event. (Even though they all thought I was weird. But hey, Dallin's coworker Jake was wearing a cowboys jersey so it wasn't just me.) I absolutely love rockin' my Packers gear.

This is Asia and Kevin. You can't see them in this picture but Brian, Michelle, Rudy, Frank and his wife and kids, Jake and Cassie, were all there. To be honest, the game itself was a little anti-climactic. I was rooting for the panthers, and it wasn't really a good game. Just a pummeling. I felt sorry for them. There weren't even any funny commercials! What is happening?!

 Reunited and it feels so good!

Ryan and Shayle were in town and we saw them on Wednesday. We seriously miss them so much. Since Ryan's parents were watching Oakley, it was just like old times. We talked about what's happened lately and also reminisced a lot about all of our weird memories together. We went to Sakura and Dallin was happy because they had all-you-can-eat sushi. 
Afterwards we came back home and played a good old fashioned game of the board. It was so fun, and I wished we didn't have to go back to our lives the next morning. Even though the girls lost the game, it was a blast. It made us want to move to Arkansas! haha They are so fun, and I'm glad we've stayed in touch despite the distance. 

Harry Pooper

This is how far I am in the 2nd book now! It's amazing how little I remember happening that they didn't fit into the movie. I'm at the part where he has to grow back his arm bone because of Lockhart! lol
 Can you believe this? I'm beyond excited. Ryan is a Harry Potter fanatic and recently they went to Harry Potter world in Florida. I want to go there soooooooooo bad!
I cannot wait for the 8th book to come out!!!! My guess is that Voldemort has a son or something who tries to carry on the legacy. lol

 Foreign Exchange Students

We have had several foreign exchange students visiting from China. They've stayed for about 2 or 3 weeks and now they're going home. Today to celebrate their time here and also Chinese new year, they did a little presentation for us about Chinese culture. It was really cool. They played instruments, showed the students caligraphy, talked about the different areas of the country. 
 This is a chinese game that they taught us how to play. It was such a cool experience!

 I quit facebook

It's almost comical as you scroll through our facebook feed how many of the pictures and posts are about babies or pregnancy. I've pretty much just stopped going on there because it's driving me nuts. 

 Happy Valentines Day!

Today was the day the students really celebrated V-day because we had our Valentines day dance and they all gave each other candy and stuff. It sabotaged my diet for sure. I was offered a cookie, cake, cupcake, chocolate bar, chocolate hearts, and starbursts. lol 
I came in this morning to this on my board. It was such a cute surprise because when I left last night it wasn't there and I locked the door. So whoever did it probably had to ask someone to let them in. So funny, but it made my day.
The student council has been selling these chocolate bars at lunch for Valentines to send. So all week it's been a big deal and students send them to their crushes anonymously and whatever. It's so funny to see old traditions continueing. I remember I used to always send one to myself anonymously so that it would look like some guy sent it to me. lol I was so afraid of being embarrassed when I didn't get one so I was proactive. I still think it was a good idea because you get chocolate, and then it's an added bonus if you get another one sent to you. 
This time, however, I didn't even need to do that! A thoughtful student sent me a chocolate bar! I could not believe it and I was over the moon happy as if someone had bought me a car or something. lol I just love surprises I guess. 
 

Last Saturday Day Date

Last Saturday was the kids' day. We took them to Tanner dog park, which is a huge and wonderful haven for dogs. It's all fenced in and groomed and it has a river and benches. All the dogs & owners we meet there are always so nice. Jake & Josie had a ball to say the least. Josie was really shy, but she still enjoyed herself. 
Afterward we went to Petco and let them pickout treats and toys. I was so proud of Josie initiating contact in that picture on the right so I took a pic. She seriously spent the whole time at the dog park avoiding other dogs and then at Petco she walks right up to that one and says hello. The toys were a hit this week. Josie carried around a lime green monkey for about 5 days so I think she likes it. 
After that, we went to the car wash and laughed at the dogs. They were all weirded out at what was going on. 
 Josie was really tired after the long day! She went to bed early.

 The struggle continues

I really hate the days when I have to do cardio because then I get all sweaty and have to try and clean up and go back to school and teach. But oh well, when you teach PE, I think it's okay. Anyway, I set a goal for body fat percentage (I thought it was cool that they take that for free for you). In PE, we have a tradition that when class falls on a Wednesday, we have "workout wednesday." (Or as the students would call it, "weeping wednesday.") Instead of playing a game we do a workout that day. So I've started doing that with them, and this last time we did it with a deck of playing cards. Each suit meant an exercise and the number was how many we had to do. We went through the whole deck and we were all sore the next day!

 The consensus is.... cooking still sucks. 

We've still tried to hang onto our enthusiasm with cooking more and eating less frozen. But I think my initial zeal has worn off, and although time has passed, I still hate it. 
I will probably never enjoy cooking..... but I recognize it as a necessity.
We decided to combine dinner with our neighbor Graffs, and this was one of the recipes Michelle gave me. We'll see if I muster up the strength to accomplish this one. 

 Hair Addiction

I have a problem. I go back and forth pretty much every single day about what I want to do with my hair. Sometimes I really want to cut it like this....
and other times I want to grow it out long again. I'm a hair-waffler. 

Personality Tests & Funny Quotes

We took personality tests and I am apparently an INFJ which is the rarest type. And Dallin is an ESFP which is pretty different. I tried to take the test for Jakey and Josie to see what they'd be but it was too hard. 
One night I was talking about an anti-aging product and how it's supposed to give you a "youthful glow." And Dallin said, "Yeah I hate it when I have that aged dimness." lol he definitely keeps me laughing.  

You gotta keep yer head up

I really liked this quote :) I thought it was funny. I have had a mad case of the "gimmes" lately, and it's stupid because I really have so much. I think I just need to focus on what I have instead of all the dumb, materialistic things I really don't need. (Easier said than done. You gotta admit..... those smart watches are cool.)


By the way.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY FAVORITE MOTHER IN LAW SARA GRAFF!!! 29 YEARS YOUNG TODAY :) YOU DA BOMB.

Hope everything went well for you this week. We're looking forward to all of our fun plans this weekend! :)
See ya

-Syd

No comments :

Post a Comment