Saturday, September 27, 2014

It's the Little Things...

The last few weeks have been a little tough. We're both working really hard right now, and I'm realizing that there will be some days that are just going to suck. I had a few of those days, and then noticed that the small things are what keep you going. 
I had several very small things make a huge difference in my happiness level, and it made me realize that noticing the good around you is always a choice. 
For example,
There's a seventh grader who always holds the door open in the morning, my commute is at a time where I avoid rush hour, and a student noticed when I changed my nail polish color. My cooperating teacher and the students loved the lesson that I put a ton of work into, and today I got a pedicure and lunch with Shayle and Shelly.
There are tiny things that make a difference when you have a head-ache and you're wishing time would pass faster. Sometimes I might feel like I live for the weekends, but in comparison to stories I've heard about other occupations, or even other teachers, I think I've got it pretty good. I'll take a few bad days here and there. I think my life's still pretty great.

This is my cute kids sleeping in their cute little room.


Another thing to look forward to is birthday season!! We have Kaylynn, Trenden, me, my mom, my dad, and Dallin all around this time of year. I made this wooden happy birthday sign to put up every september and october. 
I've shared my birthday time with my mom and trenden, and it's always been fun. Happy birthday Twenen and Mom!
I turn 24 on Monday! Weird!


This last week was spirit week at  the junior high. I was so excited! Friday was school pride day, and I forgot to take a picture. I borrowed a PGJR t-shirt. It was fun seeing the students get into it. (and rocking my cheese earrings for with my packers outfit!)

 I am putting all the WedPics images up on the facebook today. (WedPics is an app that allows your wedding guests to share their pictures with you. It's really fun! and Free!) This was one of them. I thought it was funny lol I got a picture with Rob without knowing it!

We've decided that we want to move to Kearney, Nebraska by my dad and step mom and build a house. We are so excited by the thought of deciding everything we want in our house. So, I've been looking at floor plans a lot and figuring out what I like and don't like. 


Another thing that brightens my day every day....
This massive, perfect, amazing, one-of-a-kind ring of mine. I love getting compliments, and seeing it in different lights.

Oh, and this guy does too. :)


To the few of you reading this, I hope you can find happiness in your daily struggles too. 
And if you need a little reminder as to why your life isn't that bad...

:)  Just keep swimming!
-Syd

No comments :

Post a Comment