Wednesday, April 3, 2024

10 Year Blogiversary!!

It's officially been 10 years! Can you believe it?! I cannot. It's scary how fast all that time flew by. 😳 

Click here to see the very first blog post 10 years ago! 

I first decided to start documenting our lives together when we got engaged in April of 2014. At times it's been a difficult goal to stick with, but I'm so glad I've done it because now we have something to look back on and smile. We've truly had the best 10 years. I'm so lucky to have had Dallin by my side through all of it. To celebrate this special 10 year Blogiversary, I made a video compilation of our memories. (Have you ever tried to cut 10 years of photos down to 4:20?! Very difficult!)

⤷This video summarizes our 2014-2024 decade!↓

(Click the play button twice.)
Watching/creating that video made me emotional 🥹 
And what I noticed as I went through all the blog posts from year to year, was how many times I talked about things being hard. It's funny because we always talk about the "good ol' days", like back then everything was so much easier. And it was, but we didn't know that it was because we didn't have anything to compare it to- so it's all relative. I've learned over time to be grateful, stop with the whole "grass is always greener" syndrome, and just slow down and be happy. I'm proud of myself for that. I am also proud of myself for learning to stop trying to please everyone and stop caring what other people think. I have also gotten better at not taking things personally and not holding on to old grudges. I'm certainly not perfect, but the last 10 years has held a lot of growth for me personally. 
This song reminds me of some of the lessons I've learned along the way. 👇

See us change from year to year 👇

Below you can see a pic from each year since we met. Aren't we cute 🥰 😊?! lol 😆 

Similarities and Differences from then to now...

Same-
  • Dallin is still messy
  • I'm still not a great driver
  • Still 1,000% in love 😍 
  • Dallin still loves video games and gambling
  • I still love being active & reading
  • We still love going on dates and eating out
  • We still watch the Bachelor 😂 
Different-
  • Now we have Sadie instead of Josie :(
  • 2 kids & a marriage 10 years old (obviously)
  • Not as into being dog owners as we once were 😂 
  • I don't work now
  • Dallin's at a different company
  • Dallin's bald now with a beard and glasses instead of contacts
Honestly there are waaaaaay more differences than there are similarities. I have changed the most I think. It's almost a complete 180-degree change from who I was back then. I am more mellow now, not as hot-headed, and I handle stress better. I have learned to focus on the positive side of life. (Most of these lessons I learned from Dallin because he's a saint. I swear he could write a book on being patient and kind.) I said I wouldn't have kids, move back to Utah, be a stay at home mom, etc. (I'm embarrassed of how selfish I used to be.) And I have done all of those things. It's taught me to not make assumptions and to just take life one step at a time. Looking back on my old blog posts in 2014-16 it's nauseating how many stupid selfies I took 🤦‍♀️..... 😳 

I am happier now than I have been in a very long time and I'm so glad that life has taught me the lessons that it has. We are so lucky 🍀 in so many ways. It's impossible to sum up all the changes that have taken place over the course of a decade, but I can say that I think all the changes have been for the better. We have both grown and become better and better as we have learned from each other and life in general. I think the kids have also taught us a lot too. 

Cheers to 10 years readers!

Here's to the next 10! 🥂

I know that life will just keep getting better and better. ♥️  I now have a complete family to share the good and hard times with, and we are so fulfilled.

-The new and improved Sydney Graff of 10 years later :)

No comments :

Post a Comment