Saturday, October 7, 2023

2023 Fall Festivities

 Hello again! Happy fall!!!!

Here is our compilation of home videos from this month.

And here we go on the blog post. (Can you believe I've been doing this for almost a decade?! Maybe when it's been officially a decade I should make/post something unique to celebrate?)

My Birthday!!

I turned 33 on the 29th and we turned it into a whole weekend of extravaganzas. On Friday dallin got me kneader's French toast, I took Cooper to gymnastics and went on a good run, my mom gave me a haircut that looks soooo much better cuz my ends were gross, and then we went with a realtor and saw a few houses. It was fun to do, the houses were nice, we went out to get a drink and an app after and it helped us identify what we want in a house, but none of them were for us.

Of course I got my long-awaited gouda pickles on Saturday!!!! OMG Dallin nailed it with these. They were sooooo good. Just as good as the brew in breck. The only thing we couldn't quite figure out was the sauce they use there. Ours tasted slightly different. I would love to make these again because they're my favorite, but only if we get an air fryer. The smell of frying this was horrific and stunk up the whole house for a couple days. But it was so worth it. 
On Sunday Jaxon and Selena babysat so that we could go up to snowbird and see the fall colors and go to Oktoberfest. It always makes our time out more relaxing when we know the kids are having fun too. 
It was breathtakingly beautiful up there 🤩
it was very crowded though
I don't think these pictures do it justice

We ate a bacon stuffed waffle on a stick with sugary maple glaze and tacos and cheesy fries and we had pumpkin beer with whipped cream on top and inside there was music and dancing and stuff. Tons of booths selling things and dallin got a new hat which I think he looks great in

In this picture I'm laughing because these random strangers jumped in our photo 
So now here's the normal photo where Rachael's face is all the way in it lol 
We left at the right time because right when we left it started pouring down rain. The clouds, fog, and shadows made the drive home really pretty in a different way.
Isn't the silhouetted mountain gorgeous?!

Arkansas Trip

This is all out of order because we went to Arkansas before my birthday but it was really fun and Arkansas is so beautiful! This was us on the way there 
I love their backyard and deck. We watched football and had a fire outside at night after the kids were down and it was very relaxing. There are so many parts I was jealous of actually- the neighborhood is so nice and I love that the people are so friendly and I love that Walmart puts so much into the community and schools are so good there. 
Walmart is a big deal there so they're always trying new things there like you only use the app so there are no cash registers and you just walk out or like this picture is of their drone delivery! So cool.
They have a pool (and everything else fun that there is to have for that matter- we rode an electric scooter and go carts and used his home gym and peloton and he has all the games and video games even this car simulator you can drive.) And we swam or dipped in it almost everyday actually. The weather wasn't hot enough for me to be fully submerged, but it was perfect for dipping and his yard has great stick selection so Cooper was all about being outside lol 


This was such a great park so close to their house
Coop loves Melanie (well all the kids really) and all their kids seem to love kinder, Melanie wasn't as much of a fan of Cooper using her stuff and so the excitement of playing with him wore off quickly for her 
pure joy on his face lol 
I thought it was funny that one time Cooper called Kaden Rachael for some reason lol 
Kaden Calvin and Melanie all wanted to help with kinder and make her happy and Kaden was really so sweet to both Cooper and kinder. I think one day he'd be a great babysitter
We went to Kaden and Calvin's soccer games
Trenden watched the kids so that us girls could go get a pedicure and it was sooooooo nice
We went to this cool outdoor museum place that felt kindof like thanksgiving point because it was all garden-ey with sculptures here and there 
Trenden and Kaylynn were such gracious hosts- always made sure we had everything we needed.
all the kids with GG
All the grandkids/cousins together (Kinder found that dress up necklace of Melanie's and was in love with it lol it was so cute you could tell she was feeling so pretty walking around flaunting her new jewelry.)

This was at the children's museum (Kaylynn took Cooper and Melanie and I slept because Cooper and I were in the same room and he kept waking me up and climbing on me. He wanted to sleep with me so I ended up on the floor a lot with him. It was all just a change for him and he wanted his room and his pack n play. So he was trying his best and I would say he certainly did well all things considered. Because of that he wasn't napping and he wasn't sleeping well at night so I was impressed he still behaved most of the time. He definitely got worse the longer we were there because of the sleep deprivation.)





More park pics


Trenden and I went to lunch together, and it was really fun and nice to get to chat with him since we don't very often and I'm bummed I forgot to get a picture. But we had the most amazing tacos of my life I think lol and while we were gone my mom sent these pics that him and Mel had a fort and were listening to a book on tape in the fort lol 
Flying home with the kids was exhausting. We were in the Denver airport for 5 hours so I felt like we walked like 20 miles because the kids just wanted freedom and they were fussy as all get out without their naps but can't sleep in a loud bright busy airport. So they did their best and it really wasn't as bad as it could have been but still not a comfortable or enjoyable experience. By the end, I was saying I don't wanna travel with kids for the next 6 years. lol 
He refused to wear shoes. The flight attendant said it's mandatory for anyone over 2 to have shoes on, and you don't wanna know what's on these floors. I thought "I know it's disgusting, do you think I have a freaking choice in the matter?!" As if I would have suggested that he walk around the airport barefoot! Anyways, we held up a huge line of people while Cooper threw a fit and kicked while I tried to force his shoes on just so that we could walk with them on for like 10 steps to get to our seats and he immediately takes them off again lol 😆 

Guys Date (Father-Son Baseball Games!!)

Cooper has been fascinated with baseball lately so Dallin took him to 2 games for some father-son bonding time.

They both had a blast and Cooper was mesmerized by it and eating popcorn and asking questions and dallin explained everything to him. So when he came home he was telling me about it (in his 3 year old way). "Pitcher throw the ball, batter hit it far and run fast!" lol and I thought it was so cute and grown-up of him because at first I was expecting him to not have the attention span to sit there and watch a baseball game but he truly loved it!
Dallin said he loved taking him too. He doesn't get a lot of one on one time with him because he's working so much so it was nice. 
They obviously loved it so much to go back the 2nd time! The season's over now. I'm excited for the new Bee's stadium to be in daybreak so it's closer and we can go often!


Dallin let him pick out something from the gift shop both times and both times he picked a bat. The first time pink 2nd time black. And he wants me to be the pitcher and throw the ball for him now instead of hitting it off his tee like he saw in the game so I throw it at the bat and it hits off of it so I don't think he even knows he's supposed to swing lol 

Gardner Village

We went the day after my birthday and on my mom's birthday and it was so cute and fun! Only downside was it was really windy and dusty. But we went to see all the shops and got cookies and went to a restaurant and stuff. It was really fun. I wish we had more time to spend because we didn't find where the animals were until we were leaving.
Check out these cute pics I got! We went during witch-fest so there were witches all over in different scenes and Cooper liked it. "woah witch ride bike!!" lol 
He asked me to take his picture with these witches lol its funny that he wants a picture but he doesn't want to smile for it....
It was so pretty there

I told Kinder "Let's take a selfie!" and held up the phone and this is her reaction.......
1st she looks stunned, like "woah there I am"
2nd she makes a huge cheesy smile

And then she turned her head and looked at me like she was really studying my face. It was so funny she was so close to me and just looking.... it was a cute moment because when I turned my head to smile at her she smiled back so big.
This was her at the restaurant we went to 
Got some fam pics by the river.... Kinder was not into it. Close to bedtime at that point for her.

I was tickling Cooper to get him to smile and my mom got this pic
This is all of us together. Happy birthday!!

AHHHHH FALL HOW I LOVE YOU.....

Zupas in the fall it doesn't get any better than that. And also, the smell of the first time the heater goes on for the season.... so nice. 
I have had to get all my favorites. Cider donuts, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, cinnamon coffee cake.
We went to harmon's after the gym one morning to go buy these and I told Cooper we're going to the store instead of home and he said "the stick store?!" hahahaha because to him DI is the place where we have bought him sticks twice so far and he is in love with that place because since everything is 25 cents I tell him he can pick out whatever he wants. So I said "no this store has cakes!" (because he hadn't learned the words for cookies or donuts yet and he knows of anything sweet as a cake. But now he already knows the word donut and cookie. It's so sad the baby phase is so fleeting that from one blog post to the next he's added thousands of new words and I feel like it happens every day where he or she will say something and I'm like woah you know that word?!) 
So when we were leaving he was saying "thank you cake store! bye bye cake store! I love you cake store!" Because he was so excited he got to pick these out. And a lady checking out by us was laughing and saying "I know how you feel buddy I love cake stores too!" lol he's just so dang cute. 
I took a pic this day because it looked like the clouds were laying on the mountains and it was cool

Isn't that beautiful? I love that during this time of year I can go around throughout my day to day routine and yet still enjoy the beauty all around me. Before we had to plan a trip and fly all the way to New Hampshire to see it! Now I can get a pic like this just going to the gym in the morning
The scenery just keeps getting better. It's even more colorful now than it was when I took that one.
Got my hair done and went darker to be more "fall-like". At first I hated it because for the first couple weeks my roots felt like they were black to me. It was soooooo inky I felt like Severus Snape. But after it faded it's been better. Next time I go back I will definitely go lighter.

I don't love the look of having my roots significantly darker than the rest of the hair because I know it's the style now but to me it just looks like your color grew out or like your hair is greasy even when its not.
OMG DOES IT GET ANY CUTER THAN THAT?! 
Had to get a fall football outfit for both kids for when we're watching it on Sundays
So I decided to make a bucket list for our family for every season of the year. So that we have traditions that we always do together because I feel like those are the memories that stick with you as you age. I'm so looking forward to be able to do these things over and over every year even when the kids are teenagers. I hope we all get along and it stays fun. 
These are the lists for the other seasons

Utah is beautiful and I can't believe I never noticed it before.
So if you saw on the bucket list for fall the grateful tree, here it is. You write on a leaf paper what you're grateful for and put it on the tree. I had to put it up high because Cooper likes taking the leaves off lol and he has written a lot of them.

Cooper's School Adventures

This was "wear yellow" day. They have done that for a few colors so far. They tell us what shape, letter, color, etc that they're learning about and send us pics and stuff
I put the stuff he brings home on the fridge for a week  and then I document it here electronically so that I don't have to save them all. So here's all his experiments with painting, cutting, gluing, coloring, etc.


We got his school pictures back and I can't believe I have a kid old enough to be getting school pictures 😭
He's so handsome and grown up looking 
One day he "spilled his pee pee" at school lol so I had to come pick him up completely soaked (every single thing he was wearing was soaked.) And he was so uncomfortable he wanted to take it off as soon as we got home. Like before we even went in the house. lol I can't blame him.
This was such a rarity for him. (Dallin got him out of bed that morning and dressed without taking him potty so it's kind of more Dallin's fault than cooper's.) I always joke he has an iron bladder. I pee more often than he does, seriously. I think we lucked out in the potty training department with this kid. He is usually so reliable. For example, he held it the entire travel day when we went to and from Arkansas. So when I calculated it to get there he held it for like 8 or 9 hours it was insane. He never needs/needed a pull up it's been awesome. (Even over night!)
This was wear red day. (When it's a spirit day like that you don't have to be in the school uniform obviously) I thought he looked so cute and later that day he got a compliment from the checkout girl at the trader Joe's (That was our first time there and wow that place is cool)
These are the pics the teacher sends of them in the classroom and I am so thankful she does that because I love them. And I love the updates and stuff. 
It's so cute he loves all the kids in the class and the teachers so much he still talks about them all the time.




My cute fam

This quote reminds me of cooper because it’s in one of his favorite songs and we listen to his playlist on Spotify multiple times a day 
He loves to climb “the red thing” and he especially loves to climb it with me.
He got Kinley’s baby doll and was rocking in the chair saying shhh and hugging it and kissing it’s head and then walked a few steps away and put her on floor and said nunight I wuv you ! And pretended to shut a door lol it was the cutest and funniest thing I’ve seen and he did it twice! He said oh baby awake! And then rocked and repeated the whole thing again. He’s so sweet.
He climbed up and Kinley was trying to and he said come on kinder it’s fun! Mommy help her! Lol so I put her up there and she was so happy. All she ever wants is to copy him.
Dallin used to only show videos to cooper but now Kinley will not be excluded. She squawks ans pounds on the door lol so Dallin will hold both of them and Kinley says show show show and then is mesmerized 
They are best friends so I put them next to each other in the car. They like it and cooper makes her laugh so often it’s adorable 🥰 
Coopers haircut and she was like I don’t wanna be left out so she got in a car too lol

There were like 3 or 4 times in a row that she was sticking her legs through the bars of the crib and getting her pudgy legs so caught she had bruises and we would have to cut her pjs and lotion up her leg to get it out. She would scream bloody murder because it probably hurt and her legs might be asleep, but then do it for the next nap or night again. So frustrating. She was so intensely stuck that trying to lift her would just lift the crib too. So finally I bought this mesh liner thing to stop her from sticking her legs out.
She still sticks her legs out on top of it but never to the point of getting stuck so it’s solved our problem
Dallin discovered that she loves sleeping with a blanket and when I watch her on the camera I see her either playing with it (like in this picture) or she’s on her stomach with it all balled up under her tummy sleeping while hugging it. It’s so cute.

Put my cooper quote on this adorable picture and I’m sure this is what I will look at when he goes to college and sob lol
The dogs cuddling

They both live their show time cuz they have to wait till before bedtime
One time they were fighting over coopers tablet and he went and got a wooden spoon from the kitchen and came back in and asked if he could hit kinder with it 😂 lol we were stunned and then said no and then laughed. He’s done that a few times since with her or the dogs and he always grabs an object and holds it up high and then asks. I think it’s so funny that even at the height of his frustration he still asks permission lol and he will never do it with his hand he needs a tool if he’s gonna hit someone 
He wanted to paint like daddy on daddy’s toys lol
See the video compilation above for this sweet moment. She was petting them and saying soft and doggie and Sadie and jakey

Woah That's a big bug!
Coop says “ yucky ew it’s a big one”
Just "ME" stuff with my "ME-time" and whatnot
My mom gave me the kit to make a dream board and the law of attraction book and the gratitude journal and I have really been enjoying it! I agree with the principles and I think it’s been good for me to realize what I really want in life and what I could do without
My gym time is my favorite. It has truly made the biggest difference in my life of anything I could have done. It warms my heart to see cooper and kinder making friends there and the daycare ppl getting excited when they see us coming and stuff. It has helped both kids probly just as much as it’s helped me because they needed to learn how to be away from me and be social. And going to the classes I’ve made friends and it helps me be motivated and have energy for the rest of the day
I’ve also started a skincare routine. Unfortunately I didn’t take any before pictures for that specifically, but you can kind of see the "before" in the top picture that I was doing for my lashes. Part of my new skin care was that I got Latisse for my eyelashes and I was very excited about that because I have wanted to do that for years. When I look at these pics I can tell my lashes are not as fine and they are definitely darker. Maybe a little bit longer but not much. They say you're not supposed to see the full results until it's been 16 weeks though so we shall see. 

The "before" version of my skin was bad for multiple reasons. It was dry in places, zitty in places, hyperpigmentation, big pores/blackheads, wrinkles, dull, under eye bags, redness, etc. I seemed to get zits in a straight line right down the middle of my face. So I started using these products and promised myself I would be suuuuuuper consistent with it. I think my problem in the past with skin care is I get lazy and stop doing it and then even though I'm only doing it every once in a while I expect full results lol 
So anyways I have noticed a HUGE difference in my skin. Like night and day from how it was. And now that I'm used to it it doesn't bother me to do this once or twice a day. I have also vowed to stop picking, poking, squeezing, popping, etc. at my face and leave it alone. That has been like the hardest thing in the world for me to do. 
So I tried doing this for the blackheads instead of popping them and it helped a little, and the zit patches helped a little, (and the st. ives scrub, but I know that's supposed to be terrible for your face but what else am I supposed to do to get those suckers outta there without popping?!) 
So far nothing is quite as effective as just the old fashioned pop-the-crap-outta them. Anybody out there know a good way?
Anyways the new skincare routine has been going about as long as the gym routine and I have been feeling so much more confident about my skin and I love it.
So another thing I did recently is start an online store. It was very fun and it fully consumed me for a few days. I just spent every spare moment I had designing products and the process has been really cool and fun. So far I've only had one sale, and only made 5$ from it. I joke with Dallin that now I'm a business owner lol 

So here are the links to my store! (They're both the same)

https://boonmart.printify.me/products
https://boonmart.etsy.com

Bunco Night!

I was a sub in my mom's bunco group and it was so fun! It made me miss doing bunco in AZ back in the day. My mom was the host so we did it at Stir's and it was really fun. I tried two flavors mixed together and had s'mores cereal and stuff. It was surprisingly delectable. below is pic of us playing and then a pic of all the winners with the prizes. So I won the record for the lowest score lol amazing I know. And the prize for me was very funny because it says who says I can't cook you obviously haven't tried my cereal. Quite accurate. Although Dallin says my culinary skills are improving since the switch to SAHM life. 
Me, my mom, aunt Kim, Grama

The other graff's visited!

BEn and Jamie brought Liam and Evelyn here from Hawaii for her brothers wedding and so we got to see them for a couple days and it was fun! they've grown and ours have grown so much even tho it had only been 6 months since we saw them
We did dinner at Matthew's, swam at the RV park where Dave and sara were staying, and dallin and the guys played war hammer together. 
This was coop and eve at the park

Looking forward to Halloween!

I thought putting this wig on her was hilarious. We have so many options in the halloween costumes box idk what we're gonna be. It was funny at first she was laughing and then she started crying and hating it

Gymnastics 

Kinder and I usually go running so we don't see Cooper do his class and this last Friday we woke up late so we rushed there and forgot the stroller so we stayed in the class. It was cool to see that now he follows the directions and he likes to hold the teacher's hand. He's so cute. Anyway they have another room that they use for dance classes or birthday parties and I turned around and kinder was sitting there like she was at a desk at school lol it was so funny


which obviously progressed to her getting on the table...
Dallin's coworker has cancer unfortunately and she's an incredible lady and they all love her. So on her first day of chemo treatments the whole company dressed up in pink as support and sent her the pictures. So here was ours. Its really inspiring how mentally strong she is during this time.

That's all the news we have around here. We're looking forward to doing more things on the fall bucket list (and I'm looking forward to AEP being over with)... 
so anyways we will keep you updated see you next time!
P.S. Big CONGRATS to my 2 cousins who just had baby girls! Jenny and Jill are both now parents to Peyton and Brooklyn! Congratulations and welcome to the club!

-Sydney ☺

No comments :

Post a Comment